Uganda Reports Three Additional Ebola Infections, Cases Rise To Five.

Uganda confirmed three additional Ebola infections, raising the country’s total confirmed cases to five, health authorities said on Saturday.

According to the Health Ministry, the latest cases involve an Ugandan driver who transported the country’s first confirmed Ebola patient, as well as a healthcare worker who was exposed while caring for the same individual.

Officials said the newly infected persons are currently receiving treatment as authorities intensify efforts to trace contacts and contain the spread of the virus.

The ministry added that surveillance and monitoring measures have been strengthened in affected areas to prevent further transmission.

Uganda first announced an Ebola outbreak earlier this year, prompting heightened concern among health officials as the country works to stop the disease from spreading further.

Related posts

US Says DR Congo Team Must Isolate Before World Cup Arrival Over Ebola Outbreak

WHO Warns Ebola May Be Spreading Beyond Recorded Cases In DR Congo

Three Dead As Suspected Hantavirus Outbreak Hits Cruise Ship, British Passenger In Intensive Care

This website uses cookies to improve User experience. Learn More