Big Stories

Five Killed As Bomb Detonates In Popular Pentecostal Church

A bomb killed at least five people on Sunday after detonating in a church in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, the army said.

Details of the attack remain hazy, but military spokesman Antony Mualushayi said the “terrorist act” happened in a Pentecostal church in North Kivu province’s Kasindi, a town on the border with Uganda.

Mualushayi later told reporters that at least five bodies had been taken to the morgue following the blast, in what he called a provisional death toll.

Joel Kitausa, a local civil society figure, put the death toll at eight and said 27 other people had been wounded.

ALSO SEE

I inherited the liabilities, assets of my predecessor – Tinubu

NewsDeskNg

In brazen affront to court ruling, Wike orders demolition of multi-billion Naira property next to Gbajabimila’s residence

NewsDeskNg

Timi Frank gives FG 48 hour ultimatum to release Farotimi

NewsDeskNg

This website uses cookies to improve User experience. Accept Learn More

Our Policies